Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blog#5 "The Box"



Hello, this is Shoko. Today i would like to introduce a mystery film which is named "The Box"(2009). This movie is directed by Richard Kelly.

The Box Poster

The story is really interesting. Norma Lewis(acted by Cameron Diaz) who is a teacher and Arthur Lewis(acted by James Marsden) who works for NASA are really close family with a young son.   One day Norma finds a wooden box right in front of the entrance. It is a button with a letter which says an men comes tomorrow. On the next day, a men who has no left side of the face comes Norma's home then explains about the box. If she push the button, she will get 1 million dollars. However, someone she does not know will die in return. After that day,unfortunately economical situation of the family is getting worse and worse so that they need money to keep their life. She decides to push the button and receives money as a rewards. Norma and Arthur notice this is what they must not do. Although they try to give the money back to the man, he never receives it. He just says"unfortunately, the button was pushed."  Since that day, many strange things happen around them. As they involve those happening, they gradually find out what is happening and who the man is. Suddenly, their son is kidnapped. The man comes to see them and tells the son became blind and deaf. If they want to help him, Norma has to be shot by Arthur. This is a really difficult decision for Arthur. But finally, he shoots Norma to help son at the same time, the button is pushed somewhere. 




If you were Norma, can you push the button? To be honest, I might push it because by  temptation of money even though this is not right thing to do. Once you have done, you never can be back the life before you done. This film tells such a right thing which we often forget.
Basic story of this film is really simple and easy to understand but short. That is why the director had to add a sub story to make this film longer and that makes this film complicated and boring. I like this movie though,  it could be much better if make the main story deeper.

Here is an official trailer.

You can also check further information here. please check it if you are interested:)


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shoko<3
    This is Chiaki.

    I have never watched this movie but I'm interested in this!!! And, I like the actions of Cameron Diaz, so I wanna watch it !! I'm going to watch this film just after my exams!!!

    To answer your question, I might not push the button because I don't want to be involved some dangerous things, but if I were in a serious economical situation, I might push it.....,so it depends on circumstances...
    I think we can learn some important thinking from this movie. What once we had done, we cannot change forever. I think it is true, but we don't have to think seriously because we can learn some important thing only from what we had done before.
    I like such a kind of films, so I should watch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like Cameron Diaz? Actually she is not very intelligent in real life and she often plays someone foolish in her movies. The one movie that I could enjoy of hers is In Her Shoes. The cast is very good and the story is too. I recommend it! You will find it in the self study room.
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete