Monday, June 25, 2012

Blog#4 "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes"


 Hi, this is Chiaki Tochihara. I'm going to write about one of the famous detective movies "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes" (1970) sometimes called "The adventure of Sherlock Holmes". I'm surprised because Takuto wrote about Sherlock Holmes but I'm sure there are about 60 works (full-length novels 4 and short novels 56) which are all series of Holmes written by Arthur Conan Doyle. He was a Scottish physician and writer, most noted for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes but I have never read or watched these stories, but instead of this, I have ever read one of his novesl " The Lost World". So, this is the first time that I watch series of Sherlock Holmes and this movie threw me into ecstasies.

*Arthur Conan Doyle


This story is...
  In London, something left by Dr. John Watson ( who is a companion of Holmes and a recorder who records some difficult cases which were solved by Holmes) which had been prohibited to open for 50 years after death of him is being opend at a vault of a bank. That was a record and a case of their (Sherlock Holmes who is famous for a great detective and Dr.John Watson) community life. But, it was really related to their private life, so it had not been opened for a long time. This is the story.
  Holmes has been boring because there was no interesting cases. However, one day evening, a beautiful woman who was wet was sent to Holmes's house by a horse-drawn cab. She lost her memories so she doesn't know what she is and where she is from and so on, because she dropped into the Thames, but Holmes affirms that she is Belgian and her name is Gabrielle. Next morning, her memory is restored and she said that her husband who is a mining engineer invented a pump of air, but she've received no word from him once since he joined YONA & Co..So they go to YONA & Co., but there is no people and there is a vacant place but instead of these, there are a large amount of canaries. And then, Holmes and Dr. Watson go to see Mycroft Holmes who is older brother of Holmes, and he said to them that it is better to get a request from Gabrielle off their hands. However his advice makes them excited and Holmes reasoned the key to solving the question is located in Loch Ness in Scotland, and Holmes, Dr. Watson and Gabrielle go there.
There are three key words which help to solve the case, which are a graveyard, an old castle and a letter of invitation from Mycroft. I don't write any more because I want you to enjoy and solve this case of the story.
  This story is great, interesting and the last is a little romantic. My favorite point and scene is this movie uses the Loch Ness Monster, Nessie for their shape of submarine. I like this story and I colud enjoy solving the case of Gabrielle. Please watch it !!
I'm sure I watch other series soon :)






2 comments:

  1. Takuto

    I wonder if I commented on your post or mine.
    I'm afraid but I haven't watched this movie.(but I will watch someday!)

    Mr.Holmes is so famous that there are many rumors.Although I'm not sure the one I wrote is true, no wonder he has such an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is shoko:)
    I'm surprised that you chose the same topic as Takuto!!
    I haven't watch this movie though, it seems really interesting :)
    I will go TSUTAYA to find if there is one which i can borrow^^
    also it would be a good chance for me to know about Conan Doyle:)

    ReplyDelete