Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blog # 4 " Sherlock Holmes"

Hi! This is Kimura Takuto.

We watch " The Big Sleep" , a detective story in the class. So I would like to write about a famous movie related to detective. This is " Sherlock Holmes". But as there are many movies about it, I am going to talk about one made in 2009. ( Information is here .)

Its story goes like this; Holmes and Watson struggle to solve mysterious incidents caused by an occult sorcerer, Lord Blackwood, who is trying to ruin England. Lord's tricks are so magnificent and unbelievable that many people in the movie think they are really magics or curses. One of his amazing trick is this; after caught, sentenced to execution for his murders, and entombed, he revives and goes on frightening England people. But Holmes and Watson disprove his tricks and prevent his ambition.
Its sequel was broadcasted in 2011 named Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadow, which unfortunately I haven't watched yet.

By the way, I have heard a kind of anecdote from one of our high school teachers that Holmes was able to engage in incidents as a private detective since he succeeded in investing and had much money. Is this true? If you know or have some ideas, please let me know!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Takuto :)
    What a coincidence!!
    I also chose "Sherlok Holmes" and watched this movie on 20 June!!
    Unfortunately, I don't know about your question because I have never watched other stories and I don't know about Sherlok Holmes so much!
    But, I'm interested in this series since now!
    and, fortunately, I have watched another one so I'm going to write my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. takuto

      Never mind my question, please. I am just showing off my knowledge.(^^;)
      By the way, how was the movie "Sherlock Holmes : A Game of Shadow?

      Delete
  2. Chiaki

    Oh, I understand what you mean!

    I have just written my blog and I watched "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes". Have you ever watched it? or do you know it? It was great but I want to watch more recent ones. (#^.^#)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello this is Shoko
    i really really love this movie!!! Because I saw this movie in Canada, there is no Japanese subtitles and also this story is kinda complicated so it was actually difficult for me to understand the whole story. but thanks to action scenes, i still remember i enjoyed so much !!
    i really feel like to watch it again ^^thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the second Sherlock movie at the Yubari film festival last year - it was a riot! Totally crazy and funny thanks to the actors and special effects. Like Shoko says the story is complicated (for #2 too), but in the end, it all comes together.
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete