Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blog #10 The popcorn is prohibited !!??





Hi, this is Chiaki. As you know, the popcorn is very popular food at the movie theaters, and Takuto had already said that in his last presentation. I always eat it when I go to the theater and my favorite taste is CARAMAL!!! I think people eat popcorn only at the theater or at the Tokyo Disney Land, don't they?? But recently, eating the popcorn is getting to be prohibited at the movie theater because of its smells and making sounds.




Basically, we do allow to eat and to drink something which we bought at the theater, only at the theater. However, there are some people who bring food and drink in from outside the theater, and they eat and drink them during watching movies. Almost all people who eat popcorn buy it at the theater, but why they are criticized and are made disgusted? Some people say eating and drinking something in the theater is too noisy and makes smells which hinder them from concentrating to watch the movies, others say eating popcorn is one pleasure as watching the movies at the theater not at the home.

Actually, when I was under 15, I used to eat popcorn at the theater and it was one pleasure thing for me, and I couldn’t watch the movies without eating or drinking something because I cannot concentrate on watching too long movies such as Harry Potter series, but as I eat or drink something I could not be tired and fed up with sitting the same place for a long time. Time goes by, now I don’t eat something during watching because I want to concentrate on the movie and don’t want to eat something, maybe I think I was grown up.

To sum up, it is hard to prohibit to eat and to drink something because if the movie industries do that, their sales will decrease. The number of children tends to prefer to watch the movies at home than to go to the theater because of snacks, and the person who like eating popcorn at the theater tend to be less. The movie industry will have huge damages and may become bankrupt.

I have two ideas to solve this problem. First, the theater needs to be separated, it means, one is allowed to eat and to drink, another is prohibited. As to do that, the person can choose which theater is the best for them and they don’t have to worry about their eating and drinking or others’. Second, as this picture, people who want to eat popcorn would eat it before starting the film, it means during the trailer. Even though the amount of popcorn you can eat during the film decreases but you can eat!!! In addition I mention you that the calorie of popcorn is really high. 5kcal for 1g, 250kcal for 50g…so if you care about your health, you had better not to eat popcorn in the dark place where you cannot notice what you eat. In fact, I hope the popcorn will not be prohibited because I want everyone to enjoy watching movies which teach us new world and make us some sour of emotion.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, you posted about popcorn! My presentation about it was a little superficial and I didn't explain in detail. So your post was really informative and had many things I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this topic!!! It will be so boring if eating popcorn is prohibited. When I was an elementary student, I regarded a theater as a place to eat popcorn. Thanks for your interesting blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theatres make most of their money from the food and drinks they sell. It is part of their business and necessary for their survival. Personally, I don't buy anything at the theatre - it is too expensive. If I want a drink or a snack, I bring it. I sometimes make popcorn at home when I am watching a movie - I have not done that in a while - thanks for the suggestion!
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete